Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Subtotal function 1 that excludes "#VALUE!"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please place the question in the body of the email, all I can read with my
browser is the following when I hit reply:

"An error occurred while sending your post

We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not
received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated
as soon as possible. Please try again later."

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This happens when there is no text in the body (as in this post).

We have been requesting all users to describe the problem in the text of the
post but not everyone does that... :-(

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Please place the question in the body of the email, all I can read with my
browser is the following when I hit reply:

"An error occurred while sending your post

We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not
received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated
as soon as possible. Please try again later."

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I was trying to reply and describe the problem but it wouldnt let me
until someone responded.

I'm trying to calculate a subtotal formula b/c the data I'm using can be
filtered and I want it to update whenever it is changed. The problem is that
some of the values are "#VALUE!" which results in the subtotal formula coming
back as #VALUE!. Please help...

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Please place the question in the body of the email, all I can read with my
browser is the following when I hit reply:

"An error occurred while sending your post

We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not
received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated
as soon as possible. Please try again later."

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Get rid of the errors in the cells being subtotalled.

Trap for it in your formulas.

Post an example of two of the cells that return #VALUE! that are causing
the error in the Subtotal.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:09:01 -0800, JAbels001

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must be getting #N/A from your formula...

Wrap your formula in a IF and ISNA like this
=IF(ISNA(your formula here),0,your formula here))

If you don't want 0 you can replace it with "" (2 double quotes)

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Please place the question in the body of the email, all I can read with my
browser is the following when I hit reply:

"An error occurred while sending your post

We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not
received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated
as soon as possible. Please try again later."

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately that is a harder task than getting the subtotal to exclude
them. Is there anyway to have a cell that only shows the value of another
cell just what is in that cell? For example on my one tab I have a formula
that reads "=April!I1", however if I1 on tab "April" is blank then it shows
"0" not blank. I would like it to show the true contents.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Get rid of the errors in the cells being subtotalled.

Trap for it in your formulas.

Post an example of two of the cells that return #VALUE! that are causing
the error in the Subtotal.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:09:01 -0800, JAbels001

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That'll work, shouldve thought of it, thanks!

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Use
=IF(April!I1="","",April!I1)