Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default embedded word document converting to scrap in office 2007

I have a macro enabled excel document with an embedded word document. This
document is used throughout the company. Some users report "losing" the word
document on a sporadic basis. What happens is the document is converted to a
scrap which then must be opened using a shell scrap object handler. It will
no longer open in word. From there you can convert back to word and retrieve
the document, but you can never re-embed it back into the original excel
document. How do I keep from "losing" the word object?

I suspect it relates to users failing to allow the use of macros on the
document, saving it, and then trying to get back into it. However I've setup
the word document as both a macro enabled word document and plain word... so
I must be wrong on that?

Any suggestions to keep this word document functioning properly? Thanks.