Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Help Needed!!!

I am doing a estimate and for each line item, I have a Total Column. If that
total cell reads as a positive, I want it to read into a specific cell. If
that total cell reads as a negative, I want it to read into a difference
specific cell.

How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an example that is easy to adapt to your specific needs. Say the
totals are in column A and they can be either positive or negative.

In B1 enter:
=IF(A10,A1,"")
and copy down

In C1 enter:
=IF(A1<=0,A1,"")
and copy down

So the cells in column A will show up in either cols B or C, depending upon
wether they are positive or not.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"rory" wrote:

I am doing a estimate and for each line item, I have a Total Column. If that
total cell reads as a positive, I want it to read into a specific cell. If
that total cell reads as a negative, I want it to read into a difference
specific cell.

How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

In one of the two cells where you want it use

=IF(A10,A1,"")
in the other
=IF(A1<0,A1,"")

Cheers,