Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF-THEN Formula help needed

I am having trouble finding an IF-THEN formula that works for my scenario. My
$AT5:$AT$34 are numbers 1-30 and trying a list in the IF-THEN formula did not
work. I also tried entering each number separately 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc... but
that did not work (too many IF-THEN statements). Below is my formula:

=IF(G5/$F$6=$AT$5:$AT$34,$E$6*G3,0)

Essentially if G5/$F$6 returns a whole number or integer (without decimels),
then I want the calculation of $E$6*G3 to happen.

Does anyone know how to make the IF-THEN statement work with a list in a
single row or column, or have a better idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Brandty123 Wrote:
I am having trouble finding an IF-THEN formula that works for my
scenario. My
$AT5:$AT$34 are numbers 1-30 and trying a list in the IF-THEN formula
did not
work. I also tried entering each number separately 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc...
but
that did not work (too many IF-THEN statements). Below is my formula:

=IF(G5/$F$6=$AT$5:$AT$34,$E$6*G3,0)

Essentially if G5/$F$6 returns a whole number or integer (without
decimels),
then I want the calculation of $E$6*G3 to happen.

Does anyone know how to make the IF-THEN statement work with a list in
single row or column, or have a better idea?

If I'm not mistaken, you'd be better off using the MOD function.

ie.

=IF(AND(MOD(G5,$F$6)=0,G50),$E$6*G3,0)

If you need it limited to only the first 30 multiples, you can modify
it slightly:

=IF(AND(MOD(G5,$F$6)=0,G50,G5<=$F$6*30),$E$6*G3,0 )

Scott

--
Maistrye
Maistrye's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36078

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav Dav is offline

=if( int(g5/$f$6)=g5/$f$6)$e$6*g3,0)

or to include the 1 to 30 conditions

if( and(int(g5/$f$6)=g5/$f$6,g5/$f$6=0,g5/$f$6<=30),$e$6*g3,0)

or in case f6 is 0
if(
and($f$6<0,int(g5/$f$6)=g5/$f$6,g5/$f$6=0,g5/$f$6<=30),$e$6*g3,0)

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another way,

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(G5/$F$6,$AT$5:$AT$34,0)),$E$6*G3,0)

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That did it. Thank you for your help!!!

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Try this:

=(COUNTIF(AT5:AT34,G5/F6)0)*(E6*G3)

--

HTH,

RD

"Brandty123" wrote in message
I am having trouble finding an IF-THEN formula that works for my scenario.
My
$AT5:$AT$34 are numbers 1-30 and trying a list in the IF-THEN formula did
not
work. I also tried entering each number separately 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc... but
that did not work (too many IF-THEN statements). Below is my formula:

=IF(G5/$F$6=$AT$5:$AT$34,$E$6*G3,0)

Essentially if G5/$F$6 returns a whole number or integer (without decimels),
then I want the calculation of $E$6*G3 to happen.

Does anyone know how to make the IF-THEN statement work with a list in a
single row or column, or have a better idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just for the heck of it, I modified your formula. I made it into an array
formula so that the OP would not have to have the numbers 1 - 30 in the
spreadsheet itself.

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(G5/$F$6,ROW(INDIRECT("1:30")),0)),$E$6*G3,0)
Usual caveat with array formulas: Must be entered using ctrl-shift-enter

--
Kevin Vaughn

"SteveG" wrote:

Another way,

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(G5/$F$6,$AT$5:$AT$34,0)),$E$6*G3,0)

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG