Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and Paste only working for one cell at a time

In Office 2007, I can copy if I click in the individual cell, highlight, then
click copy, go to the other document, click in that cell and then click paste.

I cannot copy an entire page, or anything within a page at all €“ only from
cell to cell, which takes way too long. I could do all of this before today.

There was a fix for this in Office 2003 where I would go to Help - About -
Disabled items and enable the disabled item, but I can't find that in 2007.
The About menu does not have a disabled items button.

Does anyone have any idea what to do to fix this? Thank you so much for
your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copying more than one cell works for me in 2007.

What happens in your system when you highlight more than one cell, then copy
and paste?

Regards,
Fred.

"goplayoutside" wrote in message
In Office 2007, I can copy if I click in the individual cell, highlight,
then
click copy, go to the other document, click in that cell and then click
paste.

I cannot copy an entire page, or anything within a page at all €“ only from
cell to cell, which takes way too long. I could do all of this before
today.

There was a fix for this in Office 2003 where I would go to Help - About -
Disabled items and enable the disabled item, but I can't find that in
2007.
The About menu does not have a disabled items button.

Does anyone have any idea what to do to fix this? Thank you so much for
your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I highlight more than one cell at a time, Excel does not copy the
contents.

I cannot copy and paste between documents, but can do it partially by
displaying the clipboard (if I do small portions of the document at a time,
it will copy formatting, but I cant do the entire document or a large
portion of the document and keep formatting.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found the fix for this. Appartently an Add-In was disabled.

Open Excel, click on the Office Button then click on the Excel Options button.

Select Add-ins on the left side, the click on the drop down arrow next to
Manage.

Scroll sown to Disabled Items, then click on the go button.

In the box that pops up, highlight the disabled item, then click on Enable.

Close Excel and open it again. Copy and Paste works.