Alejandro

Default Password protection for Excel sheets

Hi all,
I am currently using Excel 2000. I would like to set a password to open
a woksheet and following the help it should be as simple as it is when using
Word, just on the Tools menu / options / General enter a password. Problem is
there is no field to enter password in the General tab. Does this need to be
activated in any way or is it included in some add-in?

Thank you.

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Alejandro" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am currently using Excel 2000. I would like to set a password to

open
a woksheet and following the help it should be as simple as it is when

using
Word, just on the Tools menu / options / General enter a password. Problem

is
there is no field to enter password in the General tab. Does this need to

be
activated in any way or is it included in some add-in?

Thank you.

Use Tools Protection. You can find an Excel protection FAQ he
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/faqs/protectionFAQ.htm

/Fredrik