Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default disappearing zeros in front of my CSV file.

How do i stop the zeros in front of my tel numbers disappearing? when i
import my tel list then all the numbers are wrong, pretty anoing..

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open your CSV in Notepad to see whether you've got the leading zeroes in
there.
Remember that a CSV is a TEXT file. If you want to see the text in the CSV
unchanged, don't just open the CSV file in Excel, as Excel will treat
anything it thinks is a number as a number. If you want to read the data
into Excel, invoke the text import wizard by either changing the extension
from CSV to TXT before reading the file, or by using Excel's Data/ Import
External Data. Then specify the format of the relevant columns as text
during the import.
--
David Biddulph