Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default exel old software/new computer

I have Basic Office 2003. My old computer crashed and my new one has Word
2003 and Works. I would like to reinstall the Excel 2003 portion from the
Office 2003 but everytime I try to open one of my old spreadsheets I have to
accept the users agreement. Is there a way to stop having to accept the user
agreement everytime I open a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do I tell if it's an OEM version? Gateway loaded the software on the
computer when I purchased it. Now the Gateway computer has crashed and I now
have a Dell computer. It does, however, mention on the packet that I can't
separate the programs for use on more than one computer but I will only be
using it on the Dell. I understand Gateway has folded.

genesearcher wrote:
I have Basic Office 2003. My old computer crashed and my new one has Word
2003 and Works. I would like to reinstall the Excel 2003 portion from the
Office 2003 but everytime I try to open one of my old spreadsheets I have to
accept the users agreement. Is there a way to stop having to accept the user
agreement everytime I open a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If in fact the version is "Office 2003 Basic Edition" then it is OEM and
is intended to be sold with a new PC and may not be transferred to
another. The license is to the PC, not the user and lives and dies with
the PC. If the PC died, so did the license. No, Acer own Gateway

http://www.gateway.com/