Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default =SUM problems in totalling figures

Hi There,

Im new here and wonder if u guys can help.....I have excel from office
97 and have found a problem when doing a simple column totalling
function

What happens is this.....the previous column im referring to is arrived
at by multiplying a quantity in a previous column by a price in the next
column...
ie 1 x £2.82 = obviously £2.82 This works no problem, However when i
try to total up all the columns, say 15 sum totals,.... I have produced
=sum(O6:035) cell at the bottom of all the rows to give me a grand
total but it never adds them up correctly, instead of the answer being
say 21.56, it tells me its 21.54, which i know to be incorrect after
using my own calculator...
ive tried all sorts but it wont get it right.

What wrong or what am i doing wrong please???

cheers

--
the-chosen-one
the-chosen-one's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Welcome to The Code Cage!Why not upload a
dummy workbook so we can see your problem and help you directly with
that!
Attatchments.

To upload a workbook, click reply then add your few words, scroll down
past the submit button and you will see the Manage Attatchments button,
this is where you get to add files for upload, if you have any trouble
please use this link or the one at the bottom of the
any page.
Or you can check out the video how to 'here'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/helpvideos.php)

the-chosen-one;197943 Wrote:
[...]

Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=54512

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try showing more decimal places in all the cells.

Maybe data that looks like:
1.23
is really
1.2349999

If you have a few of these, your sum may not look like it matches.

J.E. McGimpsey explains it and offers a solution:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

the-chosen-one wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson