Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Refresh

If I Apply an auto-filter to the data-source of my Pivot Table
It does not effect to refreshed results of my PT.

Can someone confirm this -- that is from a Pivot table data-sources
records - any hidden rows (from an auto-filter) do not get omitted.
The PT uses ALL record, Hidden or not..
TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

That is the expected behavior. If you hide the rows of the data souce using
any technique, the pivot table ignores that, it uses all the data in the data
area.

1. You can add a dummy column to the data source with formulas such as this
=SUBTOTAL(1,C2)
2. In this case C2 is a numberical cell in your data. Copy the formula down.
3. Apply a filter to the data sourse just like you normally do. Although
you can't see it the formulas on the hidden rows return #Div/0
4. Change the pivot table source range to include the new column, the one
with the formula
5. Place the new field in the Page (Report) area
6. Display all the entries in the page area except the Div/0.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire