Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table Refresh

I am using the Pivot Table "Refresh" to update the table. However, the table
does not update to reflect the new source data (I paste in the new data -
each time I paste in new data there are more rows). Does the Refresh only
look at the orginal range of data ?

Is there an easy way to have the Pivot Table update as I add more source
data ?

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra Dalgleish addresses Dynamic Data Sources on her website:

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"carl" wrote:

I am using the Pivot Table "Refresh" to update the table. However, the table
does not update to reflect the new source data (I paste in the new data -
each time I paste in new data there are more rows). Does the Refresh only
look at the orginal range of data ?

Is there an easy way to have the Pivot Table update as I add more source
data ?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Refreshing the table does not change the range that the table is looking at,
you need to do that manually I think. One way round it, say your range was
A1:J2000,
change this to A:J or A1:J20000 so any more rows you add will be
encompassed. This does have the disadvantage of making the file
significantly larger,
Regards,
Alan.