Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 and 2007 priority setting

I have 2003 and 2007 installed. I prefer working in 2003 but need 2007 so I
can work with files sent by co-workers who use 2007. Is there any way to set
2003 as my the first priority so when I explore to open a file that it open
up in 2003 instead of 2007? I know I can do it by opening up the file from
the excel application but I want my system to choose 2003 first.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can make xl2003 the default (the only priority??) program associated with
..xls files by reregistering xl2003:

Close excel
windows start button|run
"C:\yourpathtoexcel2003\excel.exe" /regserver

reregistering xl2003 should make it look like the last version installed.

(Change that path to the actual path.)

--

Dave Peterson