Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto filter for multiple columns

I am creating an excel (2003) template using custom views and auto filtering
to create a filtered document from a master document. I have hidden columns
with no problem. I have placed auto filter on one column to show values
greater than one.

In Column A, cells include name, acct# and phone number. Column O contains
dates in every 3rd row and is auto filtered as stated above

A O
Name date1
John smith 1/2/09
acct #
phone number

Jane Smith 2/1/09
acct #
phone number

In my results, I would like to show the rows with customer name and the acct#
Is this possible and if so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saying Acct# and phone number are on a different row than the Name?
If so, the answer is no, which is why spreadsheets are seldom designed this
way.

Your options a

1. Put the three fields in one cell separated by Alt-enter.
2. Repeat the date for the subsequent rows.
3. Move Acct # and Phone Number to their own columns.

Regards,
Fred.

"Khardy3352" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just as I suspected (after multiple tries !), even with the three fields
(name, acct, phone) merged to a single cell. I will make the necessary
changes to separate the info. Thanks!