Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default receipts-locking in receipt # and having it go up by one

I'm looking for a way to develop receipts for cash and checks.

I want the receipt # to go up by one (after printing or saving) so
that it is a good audit control (and theft preventive).

I would be the one in control of the spreadsheet.
Others would receiving the cash...I never do that.

Any suggestions...macros....etc???

THANKS in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

You could adapt the Workbook_Open() code to another event (e.g.,
BeforePrint, BeforeSave)

In article ,
Carrie wrote:

I'm looking for a way to develop receipts for cash and checks.

I want the receipt # to go up by one (after printing or saving) so
that it is a good audit control (and theft preventive).

I would be the one in control of the spreadsheet.
Others would receiving the cash...I never do that.

Any suggestions...macros....etc???

THANKS in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

would you please show me exactly i could adapt that.
what would that do...or accomplish??

i went to the web site and saw the example. i'm think
i could copy that into a macro....is that what it is??

i know enough to be dangerous...but have limited skills.

thanks!

Carrie wrote:

I'm looking for a way to develop receipts for cash and checks.

I want the receipt # to go up by one (after printing or saving) so
that it is a good audit control (and theft preventive).

I would be the one in control of the spreadsheet.
Others would receiving the cash...I never do that.

Any suggestions...macros....etc???

THANKS in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

also,

would you go thru the steps i need to do....i have ms office (not a mac)
to set up the sequential #'s.

is the spreadsheet your example has saved as invoice.

i see the simple one down below for the next sequence #....is something like
that...
and what are the steps to enter that.

for example:

if my excel file is named "Receipt"

and cell L2 has the number in it that I want to go up by one each time...

exactly what would i need including that file save/open you said.

sorry i'm not more advanced.