-   -   receipts-locking in receipt # and having it go up by one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217626-receipts-locking-receipt-having-go-up-one.html)

Carrie

receipts-locking in receipt # and having it go up by one

I'm looking for a way to develop receipts for cash and checks.

I want the receipt # to go up by one (after printing or saving) so
that it is a good audit control (and theft preventive).

I would be the one in control of the spreadsheet.
Others would receiving the cash...I never do that.

Any suggestions...macros....etc???

THANKS in advance

JE McGimpsey

receipts-locking in receipt # and having it go up by one

One way:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

You could adapt the Workbook_Open() code to another event (e.g.,
BeforePrint, BeforeSave)

In article ,
Carrie wrote:

I'm looking for a way to develop receipts for cash and checks.

I want the receipt # to go up by one (after printing or saving) so
that it is a good audit control (and theft preventive).

I would be the one in control of the spreadsheet.
Others would receiving the cash...I never do that.

Any suggestions...macros....etc???

THANKS in advance

Carrie

receipts-locking in receipt # and having it go up by one

would you please show me exactly i could adapt that.
what would that do...or accomplish??

i went to the web site and saw the example. i'm think
i could copy that into a macro....is that what it is??

i know enough to be dangerous...but have limited skills.

thanks!

Carrie wrote:

I'm looking for a way to develop receipts for cash and checks.

I want the receipt # to go up by one (after printing or saving) so
that it is a good audit control (and theft preventive).

I would be the one in control of the spreadsheet.
Others would receiving the cash...I never do that.

Any suggestions...macros....etc???

THANKS in advance

Carrie

receipts-locking in receipt # and having it go up by one

also,

would you go thru the steps i need to do....i have ms office (not a mac)
to set up the sequential #'s.

is the spreadsheet your example has saved as invoice.

i see the simple one down below for the next sequence #....is something like
that...
and what are the steps to enter that.

for example:

if my excel file is named "Receipt"

and cell L2 has the number in it that I want to go up by one each time...

exactly what would i need including that file save/open you said.

sorry i'm not more advanced.