Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I update information bewteen two spreadsheets?

Using Excel 2000 with moderate skills.

Have two spreadsheets that contain a list of products (store-inventory and
website-inventory), though both list may not have the same amount of
products, they do use the same product codes. How would I go about updating
the inventory column from the store-inventory spreadsheet to the
website-inventory?

Thank you, Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you mean by 'updating'? Pl. give an example.

Also sample data for a few rows in both the spreadsheets (in same workbook
or different workbooks?)

See VLOOKUP in Help... it might solve your problem.

"Jerry" wrote:

Using Excel 2000 with moderate skills.

Have two spreadsheets that contain a list of products (store-inventory and
website-inventory), though both list may not have the same amount of
products, they do use the same product codes. How would I go about updating
the inventory column from the store-inventory spreadsheet to the
website-inventory?

Thank you, Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is what I need, but I cannot seem to follow it, my Excel skill are not
as good as they use to be. I need a little more detailed steps explanation.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...9-9cdcd5dc6be4

Thank you, Jerry

"Jerry" wrote:

Using Excel 2000 with moderate skills.

Have two spreadsheets that contain a list of products (store-inventory and
website-inventory), though both list may not have the same amount of
products, they do use the same product codes. How would I go about updating
the inventory column from the store-inventory spreadsheet to the
website-inventory?

Thank you, Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

add @hotmail.com to