Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search and lookup functions

Hello, any help appreciated,

I have values in column A such as 123CRR, 123ABC, 456ZZZ, etc.

I want to have a lookup table that contains
CRR = this
ABC = that
ZZZ = something else

I need a way to extract or identify the specific text string in column A and
then use that value in a lookup table. I know how to use lookup tables when
all I am looking up is the entire value in column A. I am looking for a way
to extract just the text value and then use that in my lookup table.

Thanks very much in advance,
bmac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of using: