Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot open files!!

I have saved all my passwords and security related docs on Excel 2007 via an
external USB flash drive.

After having to replace my internal HDD, I reinstalled Office 2007 in toto
but now find the Excel files as above will no longer open!!

I get the message that there is an "xlsx" error or a a incompatability etc.

I have downloaded the MS Compatability Pack but there is nothing I can do to
open this file!!

Can someone point me in the right direction thanks as I desperately need the
data!

It doesn't matter much what format I recover it in just so long as I can
read it!

Thanks muchly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Always safest not to try to open Excel files on a USB flash drive. Copy the
files to your hard disk (and make sure than they are not read-only) and open
there. If you copy the file onto another machine with Excel 2007 and try to
open it there, that should tell you whether you've corrupted the file or
not.
--
David Biddulph