vishu

Default Mail merge-problem

I have created mail merge in word file, and data source is in excel.
My problem is whenever I open word file, every time it ask for find data
source file. Then I will have to give data source path(i.e., excel file)
I dont want to find data source every time€¦is there any permanent solution
for this.
vishu
David McRitchie

Hi Vishu,
Is your Excel file open.

Page on Mail Merge that might answer other questions
---
HTH,

"vishu" wrote in message ...
I have created mail merge in word file, and data source is in excel.
My problem is whenever I open word file, every time it ask for find data
source file. Then I will have to give data source path(i.e., excel file)
I don't want to find data source every time.is there any permanent solution
for this.
vishu

Gord Dibben

Vishu

How are you connecting?

If you use the DDE connection, the linked Excel document should open.
For other types of connection(ODBC e.g.) I think you have to locate the file.

Also make sure in Excel ToolsOptionsGeneral that "ignore other application"
is unchecked.

More links for mailmerge....

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

Gord Dibben Excel MVP