Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Between dates. Two problems

1) I have registered dates in column O and P. The cell format is Date
dd.mm.yyyy in both columns. In a third column (cell format text) I have this
formula
=IF(O2TODAY();IF(P2<TODAY();"JA";"");"")
which I expected to return the text JA if todays date is between the date in
column O and P, and blank if it is not. But the formula returns no value at
all, only the formula-text.
What is wrong?

2) When I try to copy the formula down, O2 and P2 don't change to O3 and P3.
The reason is that Excel don't consider the text as a formula, I guess...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1) I have registered dates in column O and P. The cell format is Date
dd.mm.yyyy in both columns. In a third column (cell format text) I
have this formula
=IF(O2TODAY();IF(P2<TODAY();"JA";"");"")
which I expected to return the text JA if todays date is between the
date in column O and P, and blank if it is not. But the formula
returns no value at all, only the formula-text.
What is wrong?

2) When I try to copy the formula down, O2 and P2 don't change to O3
and P3. The reason is that Excel don't consider the text as a formula,
I guess...

I changed semi-colons to commas in the above formula, and then it seems to
work properly.

(I have Excel 2003.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have Excel 2003, too, but Norwegian version. The format for the formula
says semi-colons. I get an error-message when I change to comma.

"MyVeryOwnSelf" skrev i melding
1) I have registered dates in column O and P. The cell format is Date
dd.mm.yyyy in both columns. In a third column (cell format text) I
have this formula
=IF(O2TODAY();IF(P2<TODAY();"JA";"");"")
which I expected to return the text JA if todays date is between the
date in column O and P, and blank if it is not. But the formula
returns no value at all, only the formula-text.
What is wrong?

2) When I try to copy the formula down, O2 and P2 don't change to O3
and P3. The reason is that Excel don't consider the text as a formula,
I guess...

I changed semi-colons to commas in the above formula, and then it seems to
work properly.

(I have Excel 2003.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thx. I've now solved the problem. Think there must have been an illegal,
hidden symbol in the cell. The formula seems correct (except from the fact
that my < and symbols were in the wrong direction :-)

Kjell

"Bob Alhat" skrev i melding