Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default New excel spreadsheet being saved as a scrap file(object)

Why is creating a new excel spreadsheet being saved as a scrap file or scrap
object?

How do I prevent it from happening again?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you describe what you mean by a "scrap file" and "scrap object"?
Those phrases have no meaning in the context of Excel.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:46:04 -0800, eric
wrote:

Why is creating a new excel spreadsheet being saved as a scrap file or scrap
object?

How do I prevent it from happening again?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's a Windows feature; select some cells and drag them onto the desktop and drop them.
Now you have a "scrap" file on the desktop. Useful?
I'm not aware how that could be happening automatically.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Chip Pearson"