Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default separate Undo for each sheet in a workbook

Many times I find myself wanting to Undo commands done within a certain
worksheet, without undoing other commands that might have been performed in
other sheets in the meantime. However, if I have a couple of commands done in
one sheet, then some other commands in another sheet, the Undo command will
undo them all as if they were in the same list, without keeping track of the
sheet where those commands were performed.

Does anyone know a way to have separate Undo lists - one for each sheet of a
workbook? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about at least an independent Undo between workbooks? I noticed after
posting my question that even if several different workbooks are open, the
Undo is still common for all of them, even though they're different files!
This is ridiculous, in Word if you ave several documents open, each has its
own Undo list, independent from other documents'.

wildetudor wrote:

Many times I find myself wanting to Undo commands done within a certain
worksheet, without undoing other commands that might have been performed in
other sheets in the meantime. However, if I have a couple of commands done in
one sheet, then some other commands in another sheet, the Undo command will
undo them all as if they were in the same list, without keeping track of the
sheet where those commands were performed.

Does anyone know a way to have separate Undo lists - one for each sheet of a
workbook? Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope. Excel doesn't do this.

I don't work for Microsoft, but I know that I use links between workbooks much
more often than I use links between documents. Maybe that was the idea for this
behavior.