Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default error formula

I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tad light on detail!

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"cruser" wrote in message
I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1=B1,"balanced", "err")

entered in C1 and copied down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:31:03 -0800, cruser
wrote:

I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"cruser" wrote:

I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance

Use an IF function. For example, =IF(A1=B1, TRUE, ERR)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The suggested formula would fail unless ERR had been defined. You may have
intended to put "ERR", with the quotes to define the text string?
--
David Biddulph

"dleo" wrote in message

"cruser" wrote:

I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance
or
show "err" if not in balance

Use an IF function. For example, =IF(A1=B1, TRUE, ERR)

error with formula prem New Users to Excel 4 May 3rd 08 01:10 PM
Formula Error BB New Users to Excel 3 December 3rd 07 05:00 PM
Error in my formula? fivermsg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 14th 06 06:36 PM
How do I replace "#N/A" error, to continue my formula w/o error? Ali Khan Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 20th 06 03:49 PM
Formula Error Cheri Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 14th 04 12:01 AM