-   -   error formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217205-error-formula.html)

cruser

error formula

I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance

Bob Phillips[_3_]

error formula

Tad light on detail!

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"cruser" wrote in message
I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance

Gord Dibben

error formula

=IF(A1=B1,"balanced", "err")

entered in C1 and copied down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:31:03 -0800, cruser
wrote:

I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance

dleo

error formula

"cruser" wrote:

I have columns and rows of pieces and I need to write formula to balance or
show "err" if not in balance

Use an IF function. For example, =IF(A1=B1, TRUE, ERR)

David Biddulph[_2_]

error formula

The suggested formula would fail unless ERR had been defined. You may have
intended to put "ERR", with the quotes to define the text string?
--
David Biddulph