Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spell Check with protected sheets

I read the past posts on doing sprell check on a protected sheet but still
having issues.

I need a macro that will do spell check on only unlocked cells (this
includes text boexes) Any help?

Thank you
--
Karissa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this
Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="Tech09"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="Tech09", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Unprotects the sheet, does the spellcheck then reprotects the sheet.

"Tech09" can be changed to your password.

--
_______________________
Click "Yes" if it helps

"Karissa" wrote:

I read the past posts on doing sprell check on a protected sheet but still
having issues.

I need a macro that will do spell check on only unlocked cells (this
includes text boexes) Any help?

Thank you
--
Karissa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that here are my other issues that maybe you can help.

I need it to check ONLY unprotected cells as well as editing text boxes.
When I run this macro it skips over text boxes.

Thank you for any help
--
Karissa

"Karissa" wrote:

I read the past posts on doing sprell check on a protected sheet but still
having issues.

I need a macro that will do spell check on only unlocked cells (this
includes text boexes) Any help?

Thank you
--
Karissa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I use the following VBA it will not spellcheck my text boxes. Any
suggestions?
If I do spell check the regular way with no protection on it spell checks
the text boxes no problem. If I record those same actions and try to replay
it - it will not check the text boxes.

Sub Spell_Check()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"

Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True,