Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Labels for Charts

Hi,
I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need
the
data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places.
The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a
universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart
itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set
the formatting to 0 decimal places?
Thanks,
Courtney
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

usally the accuracy of the chart labels is the same format as the cells that
the chart is from. If you change the display option of the worksheet then
the cells in the chart will change . I can create a macro to automatically
change the charts.

"Courtney" wrote:

Hi,
I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need
the
data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places.
The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a
universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart
itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set
the formatting to 0 decimal places?
Thanks,
Courtney

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the data to another part of the worksheet and reformat the copied
section. Then plot the copied section. You can always use a formula in the
copied section (=A1) so when you change the original data the copy and the
chart also changes.