Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default data labels in charts

This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to
chart again.

I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to
2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have
entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When
I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the
horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear
are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick
up the data labels from column "A"?

I used to make charts a long time ago and I never remembered this being a
problem.

Thanks anyone.

--
Carol
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Simplest thing is to remove the text 'Year' from A1.
The chart you have created contains 2 series. Where the first series is
the years and the second the Unemployed values.

Cheers
Andy

Carol Rutledge wrote:
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to
chart again.

I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to
2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have
entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When
I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the
horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear
are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick
up the data labels from column "A"?

I used to make charts a long time ago and I never remembered this being a
problem.

Thanks anyone.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel