Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Toolbars..?

I had several Custom toolbars in Personal.XLS
and they have vanished..!

Spent ages customizing Buttons etc.

Any Ideas at all..?
Any Feedback would be appreciated.
A.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How did you create the custom toolbars in Personal.xls?

Via code?

Or do you mean you created new Toolbars using ToolsCustomize and assigned
macros from Personal.xls to buttons on these toolbars?

xx is your version 9 is 2000, 10 is 2002, 11 is 2003

If the latter, these customizations would be saved in your Excexx.xlb file

Maybe you lost that file.

If so, Excel would revert to the default Excelxx.xlb file and you
customizations are gone.

Excellxx.xlb will be stored in your profile folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Do a search for *.xlb files.

You may be able to find the customized one.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:32:13 -0000, "Andrew"
wrote:

I had several Custom toolbars in Personal.XLS
and they have vanished..!

Spent ages customizing Buttons etc.

Any Ideas at all..?
Any Feedback would be appreciated.
A.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanx Gord - I'll do a search..?

Excel2000..
3 of Toolbars were created the ToolsCustomize way.
2 in Modules.. Are Obviously safe.

It appears all the Macros are still in Personal.xls..
Just custom edited TbButtons (Faces) Vanished.

Not the end of the world, Just an annoyance.
Don't know why, they vanished. But that's a lesson learned.