Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple rows to single row

I have Data which is like
a 1
a 2
a 3
b 1
b 2

This I would like to regroup this as following
a 1 2 3
b 1 2 and so on.
Issue is -
Number of times a .... appears is not fixed.
Number of unique ä,b in column is not fixed
All data is text only, as an example I used numbers here.
Help appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

Hello,

Names ranges
Names ranges
Code =Offset(BD!$A$2;;;CountA(BD!$A:$A))-1
Val =offset(BD!$B$2;;;CountA(BD!$A:$A)-1)

Codes in A2:
-Select A2:A20
=IF(ISTEXT(INDEX(Code,SMALL(IF(MATCH(Code,Code,0)= ROW(INDIRECT
("1:"&ROWS(Code))),
MATCH(Code,Code,0),""),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(Code )))))),
INDEX(Code,SMALL(IF(MATCH(Code,Code,0)=ROW(INDIREC T("1:"&ROWS(Code))),
MATCH(Code,Code,0),""),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(Code ))))),"")
-Valid with Ctrl+****+enter

Vales in B2:
=IF(COLUMN()-1<=COUNTIF(Code,$A2),INDEX(Val,MATCH($A2,Code,0)+C OLUMN
()-2,1),"")

http://cjoint.com/?bvoxeZyegv

JB
http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/

On 19 jan, 12:16, Abhay wrote:
I have Data which is like
a 1
a 2
a 3
b 1
b 2

This I would like to regroup this as following
a 1 2 3
b 1 2 and so on.
Issue is -
Number of times a .... appears is not fixed.
Number of unique ä,b in column is not fixed
All data is text only, as an example I used numbers here.
Help appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Abhay,

There is one more way,
First sort the list (your example shows a sorted list)
assume that you want to change the data in sheet 2
then name the headers in sheet2 row A1
Copy the data from sheet 1 (only for particular data for eg (a) as per the
example given by you) and right click in cell A2 in Sheet2 , Paste
specialclick transpose

This will put the data as required by you i have also given an example of
this.

Col A Col B
a 1
a 2