Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abhay Abhay is offline

Default multiple rows to single row

Thanks Suleman. This works only for small amount of data. What I have is 1000
to 10000 rows and file updates frequently.

"Suleman Peerzade" wrote:

Hi Abhay,

There is one more way,
First sort the list (your example shows a sorted list)
assume that you want to change the data in sheet 2
then name the headers in sheet2 row A1
Copy the data from sheet 1 (only for particular data for eg (a) as per the
example given by you) and right click in cell A2 in Sheet2 , Paste
specialclick transpose

This will put the data as required by you i have also given an example of
this.

Col A Col B
a 1
a 2
a 3
b 1
b 2

Col A Col B Col C Col D
a 1 2 3
b 1 2

--
_______________________
Click "Yes" if it helps

"Abhay" wrote:

It can be upto 5000 to 10000 and any text e.g. PT-1001 etc.

"JMay" wrote:

How high do your letters go (c,m,z,ab)?

"Abhay" wrote:

I have Data which is like
a 1
a 2
a 3
b 1
b 2

This I would like to regroup this as following
a 1 2 3
b 1 2 and so on.
Issue is -
Number of times a .... appears is not fixed.
Number of unique รค,b in column is not fixed
All data is text only, as an example I used numbers here.
Help appreciated. Thanks.