Rif

Default Insertion of *Objects* Into Spreadsheets (Version Differences)

In Excel 2000, I could copy and paste a portion of a 'Paint' screen directly
into a spreadsheet as an *object*. It was nice because, even though large in
size, I could double click the (sized) picture and it would open up in
'Paint'.

I upgraded to 2003.

Now when I try the same technique, it copies the object as a *picture*. If
I try to 'Paste Special' and insert a "bitmap", it still comes across as a
picture. I do NOT want this. [The formula that gets automatically inserted
in the 2000 version (in the spreadsheet when I copy and paste) is,
"=EMBED("Paint.Picture","")". I did not have to type this however.] I know
this is close in concept but it is really important to keep it the old way
(double click to see the full size).

Is there a way to make it as the old version?
Rif

I did some research and it looks like it might be a filter issue. It says I
can import a BMP directly without one. I'm not really sure.

To put my problem in simpler terms: In Excel 2000, I could copy and paste a
portion of a bitmap from Paint as an OBJECT. In Excel 2003, when I do the
same, it comes across as a PICTURE (even if done by Paste As...).

Could someone help? :)