Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I change text copied to excel from webite to not link bac.

When I copied text from a website and pasted into excel, everything links
back to the website. For example if I click into the cell of the text in
excel the webpage from where it originated from comes up. I could not see
anything in formatting. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Activate the cell that contains the hyperlink, right-click, and then
select -Hyperlink, Remove Hyperlink.- you can only use this when you
have selected a single cell. To deactivate all hyperlinks, you have to
use a macro.
To create the macro, press -Alt-F11- to activate the Visual Basic
Editor, select -Insert, Module- and then paste this code:

Code:
--------------------
Sub DelLinks() Cells.Hyperlinks.DeleteEnd Sub
--------------------
all hyperlinks on the active sheet become normal text.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=51000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of using <paste, you could use Edit | Paste Special | Values
(check) | OK.

Alternatively, once you have pasted (and the pasted cells are still
highlighted), press Alt-F11 to bring up the VBE, then CTRL-G to enter
the immediate window, and type this:

selection.hyperlinks.delete

then press <enter.

Hope this helps.