Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Simon Lloyd[_66_] Simon Lloyd[_66_] is offline

Default How can I change text copied to excel from webite to not link bac.

Activate the cell that contains the hyperlink, right-click, and then
select -Hyperlink, Remove Hyperlink.- you can only use this when you
have selected a single cell. To deactivate all hyperlinks, you have to
use a macro.
To create the macro, press -Alt-F11- to activate the Visual Basic
Editor, select -Insert, Module- and then paste this code:

Code:
--------------------
Sub DelLinks() Cells.Hyperlinks.DeleteEnd Sub
--------------------
all hyperlinks on the active sheet become normal text.
sherryp;184588 Wrote:
When I copied text from a website and pasted into excel, everything
links
back to the website. For example if I click into the cell of the text
in
excel the webpage from where it originated from comes up. I could not
see
anything in formatting. Please help.

--
Simon Lloyd