Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default template

hi,

i was wondering if a document created using a custom COLOR palette appears
as originally created to other people? users of Excel 2003, 2007, 2000?
what are an issues i should be concerned about, if any?

thanks in advance,
geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Going on the info here
http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel...T811112221.htm
other people won't see your custom colors unless they happen to also
have those same custom colors on their palette. Instead, they'll see the
closest color to yours they have.

geebee wrote:
hi,

i was wondering if a document created using a custom COLOR palette appears
as originally created to other people? users of Excel 2003, 2007, 2000?
what are an issues i should be concerned about, if any?

thanks in advance,
geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

but if the color palette is in the workbook i created, wouldnt those same
colors be available to another person who vies the file? i dont understand
why they would not see the colors i created.

geebee wrote:
hi,

i was wondering if a document created using a custom COLOR palette appears
as originally created to other people? users of Excel 2003, 2007, 2000?
what are an issues i should be concerned about, if any?

thanks in advance,
geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OH, I see what you mean. I just made a duplicate copy of a workbook and
changed the colors in it, and saved it. Then I opened the original and
it was unchanged, still had the original default colors. So seems the
color palette goes with the workbook, not with the program, meaning you
could have a different palette scheme for each workbook. So yeah, if
they're opening a workbook you created it should have your color palette.