Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PGA PGA is offline

Default Filter away rows of data

I have a huge amount of data and I only want to use every tenth row of data.
How do I do to filter out the data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assume source data in Sheet1's cols A to C from row1 down
In another sheet,
place in say, A1:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,ROWS($1:1)*10-10,COLUMNS($A:A)-1)
Copy A1 across to C1, fill down as far as required
This extracts every 10th row in Sheet1 starting from row1, viz:
A1:C1, then A11:C11, then A21:C21 and so on
Adapt the "10" to suit
--
Max
Singapore
"PGA" wrote:
I have a huge amount of data and I only want to use every tenth row of data.
How do I do to filter out the data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a helper cell to number the rows 1-10 repeatedly, and then filter on
the desired number.