Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I sort or filter rows without column A data changing?

I want to filter my spreadsheet but do not want column A to filter.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to be more specific.

You can filter any column you want, so if you don't want to filter column A,
then choose another column.

If you mean you don't want to see a dropdown box in column A, then select the
columns you do want to filter before choosing DataFilter.

Fred

"Kesbutler" wrote in message
I want to filter my spreadsheet but do not want column A to filter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the exact range you want to filter. Then apply the filter.

Don't include column A if you don't want it included in the filter.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range you do want to filter (e.g., B1:D10) and add the
autofilter.

--
Jim
"Kesbutler" wrote in message
I want to filter my spreadsheet but do not want column A to filter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So, here is what I want to do. I apply a filter to the columns I want. but
when you filter column A still filters.

What I am doing is column A is numbered 1, 2, 3.... and I want the rows to
always be in that order even if the data is filtered. but when you filter the
numbers move as with the filtered data.

"Kesbutler" wrote in message
I want to filter my spreadsheet but do not want column A to filter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fitering affects the entire sheet.

If a filter on any column hides some rows, those rows will be hidden in all
columns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP