Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sheet formula

Hi I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. I need some major
help...
I have created a spreadsheet for Sunday to Saturday which calculates total
hours worked on a job. Now I would like to have a summary of all sheets
(Sunday thru to Saturday) to calculate on a seperate sheet all the totals for
the week. I am confused just reading this back but cant think of another way
to word it. Basically on one file I have tabs at the bottom for every day of
the month and I would like to add another tab which gives me totals for the
full week from the other tabs. Can someone help? Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

easiest way I can think to do this with just formulas is to use SUMIF()

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A2,Sheet1!B:B)+SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A, A2,Sheet2!B:B) etc.

Assuming your names are in A and values are in B. Adjust as needed.

Otherwise, probably lookign at some VB stuff...