Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMIF Formula Problem

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello.
If you are a XL2007 user, use SUMIFS, otherwise, give a try to :
=SUMPRODUCT(('1'!A:A=A5)*('1'!B:B=A6)*'1'!J:J)
HTH
Daniel

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the following pattern:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(1!A:A="CRITERIA 1")*--(1!B:B="CRITERIA
2")*--(1!C:C="CRITERIA 3",1!J:J))

It would give you the total of amounts in J of the rows which have the cells
in Column A, Column B AND Column C met.
--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

"albertmb" wrote:

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You Dave it worked perfectly

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Hello.
If you are a XL2007 user, use SUMIFS, otherwise, give a try to :
=SUMPRODUCT(('1'!A:A=A5)*('1'!B:B=A6)*'1'!J:J)
HTH
Daniel

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare â˜1â!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare â˜1â!A:A,A5 and â˜1â!B:B giving the same result from â˜1âJ:J

â˜1â!A:A being a category like âœTravel Expensesâ,
â˜1â!B:B being a department like âœSales Departmentâ
â˜1â!J:J being the âœCostâ

Thank You

Albert

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You Faraz now it worked perfectly, but the actual problem was the
ranges, take note of what Dave Peterson remarked regarding non XL 2007 useres.
Thank you once again for your interest