-   -   SUMIF Formula Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216434-sumif-formula-problem.html)

albertmb

SUMIF Formula Problem

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

Daniel.C[_3_]

SUMIF Formula Problem

Hello.
If you are a XL2007 user, use SUMIFS, otherwise, give a try to :
=SUMPRODUCT(('1'!A:A=A5)*('1'!B:B=A6)*'1'!J:J)
HTH
Daniel

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

FARAZ QURESHI

SUMIF Formula Problem

Try the following pattern:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(1!A:A="CRITERIA 1")*--(1!B:B="CRITERIA
2")*--(1!C:C="CRITERIA 3",1!J:J))

It would give you the total of amounts in J of the rows which have the cells
in Column A, Column B AND Column C met.
--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

"albertmb" wrote:

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

albertmb

SUMIF Formula Problem

Thank you for your fast reply, but the formula is giving me the #NUM error.
Can it be I misunderstood something?

Regards
Albert

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Hello.
If you are a XL2007 user, use SUMIFS, otherwise, give a try to :
=SUMPRODUCT(('1'!A:A=A5)*('1'!B:B=A6)*'1'!J:J)
HTH
Daniel

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

Dave Peterson

SUMIF Formula Problem

You can only use the whole column in xl2007. So adjust your ranges.

"Daniel.C" wrote:

[...]

Sorry,

A Typo Mistake, consider the revised one. Only a place of closing parentesis
changed.

"albertmb" wrote:

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare 1!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare 1!A:A,A5 and 1!B:B giving the same result from 1J:J

1!A:A being a category like Travel Expenses,
1!B:B being a department like Sales Department
1!J:J being the Cost

Thank You

Albert

albertmb

SUMIF Formula Problem

Thank You Dave it worked perfectly

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Hello.
If you are a XL2007 user, use SUMIFS, otherwise, give a try to :
=SUMPRODUCT(('1'!A:A=A5)*('1'!B:B=A6)*'1'!J:J)
HTH
Daniel

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare â˜1â!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare â˜1â!A:A,A5 and â˜1â!B:B giving the same result from â˜1âJ:J

â˜1â!A:A being a category like âœTravel Expensesâ,
â˜1â!B:B being a department like âœSales Departmentâ
â˜1â!J:J being the âœCostâ

Thank You

Albert

--

Dave Peterson

albertmb

SUMIF Formula Problem

Thank You Faraz now it worked perfectly, but the actual problem was the
ranges, take note of what Dave Peterson remarked regarding non XL 2007 useres.
Thank you once again for your interest