Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cannot copy data range reference

After I filter, I was trying to copy the filter data to another sheet, it
prompts me with a msg:" Mrcosoft Excel cannot create or use the data range
reference because it is too complex..."
If I click OK and start paste to another sheet, I'll paste the overall data,
not only the filter data.
Why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Jenny,

After you filter your data select the visible data range and press Alt
Key+Semicolon Key so that it selects only visible data and then press Ctrl C
for copy and paste it in other empty sheet so that it pastes only filter data
and NOT the entire data on the sheet.

This MUST work.

Regards,

Sambhaji Kuryal

"jenny" wrote:

After I filter, I was trying to copy the filter data to another sheet, it
prompts me with a msg:" Mrcosoft Excel cannot create or use the data range
reference because it is too complex..."
If I click OK and start paste to another sheet, I'll paste the overall data,
not only the filter data.
Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you highlight and copy already auto-filtered data, Excel normally copies
only the visible rows; If you are experiencing a problem (with message),,
hummmm.

If your like me often your just looking for a QUICK FIX so you can get the
work out. If so in this case you could try - highlighting the filtered range
- Edit, Goto, Special Cells, click on the option Visible cells Only,,, Now
do the Copy and paste. Does that work for you?

"jenny" wrote:

After I filter, I was trying to copy the filter data to another sheet, it
prompts me with a msg:" Mrcosoft Excel cannot create or use the data range
reference because it is too complex..."
If I click OK and start paste to another sheet, I'll paste the overall data,
not only the filter data.
Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jenny,

go to menubar

Edit|goto|Special|Visible cells only.

This should sort your problem
--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"jenny" wrote:

After I filter, I was trying to copy the filter data to another sheet, it
prompts me with a msg:" Mrcosoft Excel cannot create or use the data range
reference because it is too complex..."
If I click OK and start paste to another sheet, I'll paste the overall data,
not only the filter data.
Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sambhaji Kuryal,

Thanks, but this doesn't help me. I'm still encountering the same issue when
I tried the method below.
Is it because total rows of my filter data is more than 15K?

"jenny" wrote:

After I filter, I was trying to copy the filter data to another sheet, it
prompts me with a msg:" Mrcosoft Excel cannot create or use the data range
reference because it is too complex..."
If I click OK and start paste to another sheet, I'll paste the overall data,
not only the filter data.
Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI Suleman Peerzade,

Thanks, but this doesn't help me. I'm still encountering the same issue when
I tried the method below.
Is it because total rows of my filter data is more than 15K? Any other
solution?