Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sambhaji kuryal[_2_] sambhaji kuryal[_2_] is offline

Default cannot copy data range reference

Dear Jenny,

After you filter your data select the visible data range and press Alt
Key+Semicolon Key so that it selects only visible data and then press Ctrl C
for copy and paste it in other empty sheet so that it pastes only filter data
and NOT the entire data on the sheet.

This MUST work.

Regards,

Sambhaji Kuryal

"jenny" wrote:

After I filter, I was trying to copy the filter data to another sheet, it
prompts me with a msg:" Mrcosoft Excel cannot create or use the data range
reference because it is too complex..."
If I click OK and start paste to another sheet, I'll paste the overall data,
not only the filter data.
Why?