Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced excel fill handle Question

In cells a1 is 1
in cell a2 is
in cella3 is 3

etc..

How do you set up a fill in say column B such that when you use fill handle
or equivalent b1 becomes equal to a1

but b2 becomes b3,

b3 becomes b 5

the filling process to avoid every other line ..

regards

Pete G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Location: Bakersfield, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to JBeaucaire[_85_]

Ok, this is always fun, using the INDIRECT formula. But I have to warn you,
if you let this list go on too long your sheet may start to slow down.

Anyway, the formula in B1 is:
=A1

The formula in B2 is:
=INDIRECT("A"&ROW()*2-1)

Copy that formula down and it will collect the value from every other row in
column A.

--
"Actually, I AM a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.