Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill a Combobox from a ROW?

Hello,

I might be to tired but I can't get it right.

In a sheet I have a database with 8 columns. The first ROW holds the titles.
I named the titlerange "Headings". (8 cells in 8 columns).

I want a combobox to display all titles but as far as I can see a combobox
only displays a column with data. How do I get my titles?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using Data Validation to get your 'combo box'? Or are you actually
using a combo box control from the Forms or Controls Toolbox?

If you're using Data Validation, it should be easy to do: Set the "Allow"
entry in the validation setup dialog to "List" and then in the Source area
type
=Headings
and the cell should show the entries in your row.

"Rob" wrote:

Hello,

I might be to tired but I can't get it right.

In a sheet I have a database with 8 columns. The first ROW holds the titles.
I named the titlerange "Headings". (8 cells in 8 columns).

I want a combobox to display all titles but as far as I can see a combobox
only displays a column with data. How do I get my titles?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry for not telling that,

I'm just using a combobox control from the Forms toolbox on a other
worksheet in the same workbook. I hope that provides you with the proper
info.

Rob

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) schreef in bericht

"Rob" wrote:

Hello,

I might be to tired but I can't get it right.

In a sheet I have a database with 8 columns. The first ROW holds the
titles.
I named the titlerange "Headings". (8 cells in 8 columns).

I want a combobox to display all titles but as far as I can see a
combobox
only displays a column with data. How do I get my titles?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As you've found out, those guys don't like horizontal lists. What you might
consider doing if you really want that combo box is to make a vertical copy
of your headers somewhere out of sight and use it as the source for the list.
You can turn the headers vertical quickly with copy then Paste Special
choosing the [Transpose] option.

If you give that vertical copy of the list a name also, you can even put it
on another sheet in the workbook (could be hidden) and use that name as the
Input Range for it.

Hope this helps some.