Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I link info in MS Word into Excel and will it update?

I want to keep a status of updates in an Excel file of all accounting work
instructions that are written in MS Word. I want to show in Excel who
reviewed the MS word files and the date. As these work instructions are
updated, I'm having the person place their name and the date of the update
into a specific area of the MS word file. I would like the Excel file to be
updated with the reviewer's name and date of update simultanuously as it is
changed in MS word.

Appreciate any help/suggestions you may have...
Best Regards,

R Ritenour
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi RRitenour,

If the update info in Word is in a table, you can copy the table & use Edit|Paste Special, choosing the 'Paste Link' option in Excel
to establish a link between the two documents. From then on, any changes to the Word table will be reflected in the corresponding
object embedded in Excel.

--
Cheers
macropod