Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel to email on Change in Cell Value

I have a spreadsheet with a number of formula's which are doing a
number of different calcualtions (generally adding/counting the number
of instances of an event (which is typed in to column B with a letter
denoting the event, for example the person's name might be in column a
and in column b you might see an "A" because they 'Attended" or a "C"
because they went to a "Concert"). I would like it so that when the
number of instances in the totalling cell changes (ie John had been to
4 conecerts (so 4 "C"s down column B next to John's name in Column A)
but I entered a new "C" for John today so now the cell that is
counting how many he has been to will change from 4 to 5) it triggers
an email being sent to a particular person stating "Hey So-and-so,
John (the name from column a) has just moved up to 5 (the number in
the totalling cell)."

Is this possible? Thank you very much in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

have a look here, partucularly at the 3rd item from the bottom of the examples

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Mike

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with a number of formula's which are doing a
number of different calcualtions (generally adding/counting the number
of instances of an event (which is typed in to column B with a letter
denoting the event, for example the person's name might be in column a
and in column b you might see an "A" because they 'Attended" or a "C"
because they went to a "Concert"). I would like it so that when the
number of instances in the totallingcellchanges (ie John had been to
4 conecerts (so 4 "C"s down column B next to John's name in Column A)
but I entered a new "C" for John today so now thecellthat is
counting how many he has been to willchangefrom 4 to 5) it triggers
anemailbeing sent to a particular person stating "Hey So-and-so,
John (the name from column a) has just moved up to 5 (the number in
the totallingcell)."

Is this possible? Thank you very much in advance!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks much Mike. I will check it out!