Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down lists

I have a list of over 100 items in my drop down (data validation list) I am
looking for a solution to allow me to type in the first 2 or 3 letters of the
word so I can narrow my search. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to
accomplish this.

Thanks
mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish shows how you can use AutoComplete with Data Validation by
using a combo-box. Click on this link:

Hope this helps.

Pete

"mike c" wrote in message
I have a list of over 100 items in my drop down (data validation list) I
am
looking for a solution to allow me to type in the first 2 or 3 letters of
the
word so I can narrow my search. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to
accomplish this.

Thanks
mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Here is a site that uses a non-vba approach for that:

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/autocomplete-validation.htm

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire