Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables and replacing data, then refresh it

Hi
I have a template file that I made in excel using pivot tables, it has
multiple tabs and only one tab with the data.

How can I bring in the new data and refresh all 3 of the tabs with the pivot
tables?

Anything automatic that I can do once I put the data in? If there is
something on a tool bar, pls help me find it. Some times the replacing data
may be smaller or larger than the data it will be replacing.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Easiest way would probably be to record a macro of you refreshing the
PivotTables. Depending on how you're doing it, you could also record deleting
old records and bringing in the new records.

If 2 of the 3 Pivot tables reference the first one, you only need to refresh
the one. (saves file space!) If they are all independent, you'll have to
refresh each one. Also, when you seutp your PivotTable, have it look at
columns (=A:D) that way it won't matter how many rows of data you are using.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M