Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sequential Numbers

Good afternoon,

I have 4 tables within one sheet in one excel file which i need to print 50
times to get a total of 200. I need to put a unique number in each table
preferably from 1-200. The numbers are required to go into cells S6, AS6,
S59 and AS59. So numbers 1-4 will be on the first sheet printed, (one number
per
table that is), 5-9 on the second page etc.

I would rather not have to copy the table 200 times and write in each
number. Is there a way that i can do this automatically or ask excel to add
4 to each number from the previous page for every page it prints etc?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can link cells AS6, S59 and AS59 to S6 with a simple formula:

AS6: =S6+1
S59: =S6+2
AS59: =S6+3

where S6 starts off with a value of 1.

Then it should be relatively easy to set up a macro to print your
sheet 50 times within a loop, and each time it increments the value in
S6 by 4.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 8, 1:01*pm, LiAD wrote:
Good afternoon,

I have 4 tables within one sheet in one excel file which i need to print 50
times to get a total of 200. *I need to put a unique number in each table
preferably from 1-200. *The numbers are required to go into cells S6, AS6,
S59 and AS59. *So numbers 1-4 will be on the first sheet printed, (one number
per
table that is), 5-9 on the second page etc.

I would rather not have to copy the table 200 times and write in each
number. *Is there a way that i can do this automatically or ask excel to add
4 to each number from the previous page for every page it prints etc?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have set up your Print Area, this should do it:

Sub Marine()
' Pete Ashurst, 08/01/2009
'
Range("S6").Value = 1
For i = 1 To 50
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut _
Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Range("S6").Value = Range("S6").Value + 4
Next i
End Sub

S6 will contain 201 at the end of the macro.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 8, 1:01 pm, LiAD wrote:
Good afternoon,

I have 4 tables within one sheet in one excel file which i need to print 50
times to get a total of 200. *I need to put a unique number in each table
preferably from 1-200. *The numbers are required to go into cells S6, AS6,
S59 and AS59. *So numbers 1-4 will be on the first sheet printed, (one number
per
table that is), 5-9 on the second page etc.

I would rather not have to copy the table 200 times and write in each
number. *Is there a way that i can do this automatically or ask excel to add
4 to each number from the previous page for every page it prints etc?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.- Hide quoted text -