Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Open File" listed in reverse-alphabetical order.

When opening files in Excel all the files and folders are listed
alphabetically, with folders grouped first, then files.

Suddenly all the files and folders listed in the "Open" window are listed in
reverse-alphabetical. This is very annoying. I don't see any sort options
for this window similar to windows explorer.

How do I reset this to forward-alphabetical?

Thanks,
jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are icons at the top right on that dialog.

One of them is the View Icon.

Click on that dropdown arrow on that view icon and choose Details.

Then you'll have titles over each column that are clickable for sorting.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should see the Name bar if you go to detail view, rather than List view.
Are you seeing reverse alphabetic in List view?

If you right-click in the "Open" window, does it give you the Option
"Arrange Icons By ...", which includes by Name? Does that sort in ascending
or descending order?
--
David Biddulph