Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge formulas from 2 cells into one formula in one cell

In Excel versions 2003 and earlier I use to be able to use paste special-
Formulas- Add to combine formulas from two different cells into the same
cell. It doesn't work in Excel 2007. Any idea if there is a setting or such
that I am missing that will give me this functionality back?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Unfortunately this no longer works in 2007. It is a known bug (feature?)
and has been reported to Microsoft.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ExcelGeek" wrote:

In Excel versions 2003 and earlier I use to be able to use paste special-
Formulas- Add to combine formulas from two different cells into the same
cell. It doesn't work in Excel 2007. Any idea if there is a setting or such
that I am missing that will give me this functionality back?Hi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane,

This is a MAJOR oversite on Microsoft's part. I just got upgraded to Office
2007 at work and had I known this was a problem I would have resisted the
upgrade. My job is building complex analysis tools for others to use and I
would frequently build up complex formulas in blocks and use Paste Special
Formulas Add(Subrtact, Multiply or Divide) to merge the blocks. The one
formula to another is not so much the problem as the one array of formulas to
another. I will have to change the way I design models to accommodate
something that should have been an easy design from the beginning. If you
know any way I can express my displeasure to the yahoos on the Office team,
please advise. Thanks